Wednesday, January 18, 2012

1--Hidden Manna - Preface



Hidden Manna
by


Kay Frances Graves





He that hath an ear
,
let him hear what the Spirit saith
unto the churches; 

To him that overcometh
will I give to eat of the hidden manna,
and will give him a white stone,
and in the stone a new name written,
which no man knoweth
saving he that receiveth it.

-Revelation 2:17

After completing Mystery of the First Love Lost, I requested my next assignment. Like Solomon desiring the most important thing in life, I sensed that I should also seek to address the most important issues facing mankind today.

The signs of the times indicate that we may be in the beginning stages of the end of life as we have known it on Planet Earth. I hoped that God would once again use my simple, unpolished style of writing to emphasize the message He wants to bring at this time, when so many hearts are troubled and so little is to be found in the way of real spiritual food.

Years ago I began hearing myself say, “If the truth will not be heard from the pulpit, perhaps God will raise up some little old lady in the back pew to expound it.”

I never imagined that I might be that “little old lady.”

Even though the birthing pains have already begun, there may still be time to sort out priorities and seek clarity regarding how we should respond to the challenges that lie ahead. Many of us still have a long way to go before we are spiritually prepared for what is coming.

While Mystery of the First Love Lost was gradually unraveled and revealed from page one, this book on the other hand, will reveal the ending first.

Knowing the victory and blessing that can belong to us when Christ finally returns, will help motivate us to keep knocking and keep seeking as we consider what is written within the pages of this book--and His Book.

No comments: