that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan,
which deceiveth the whole world:
he was cast out into the earth,
and his angels were cast out with him.
(10) And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven,
Now is come salvation, and strength,
and the kingdom of our God,
and the power of his Christ: ,
for the accuser of our brethren is cast down,
which accused them before our God day and night.
(11)And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb,
and by the word of their testimony;
and they loved not their lives unto the death.
Three things must take place in order to overcome and endure to the end:
1. The blood sacrifice of Jesus Christ must be personally appropriated.
2. The word of testimony must be personally proclaimed.
3. Christ must be preeminent above everything--even life itself.
What is the “word of testimony?”
And he said unto me,
See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant,
and of thy brethren
that have the testimony of Jesus:
for the testimony of Jesus
is the spirit of prophecy.
In the alpha and omega style of Jesus we see that the “word of testimony” is the testimony of the Word—the living Word of God (Jesus Christ) and the written Word of God. This is the “spirit of prophecy”—the Spirit of God that resides in His Word, correctly interpreting His Word and proclaiming it.
The Word is the spirit of prophecy because it is the testimony of Jesus:
Testimony = #G3141
• Testifying as it relates to the office committed to the prophets
• Testifying to future events
• A witness—one who is a spectator of anything
Prophecy = #G4394
• First of all a discourse emanating from divine inspiration
• Declaring the purposes of God by reproving the wicked
• Comforting the afflicted
• Revealing things hidden; esp. by foretelling future events
In other words, the Spirit of prophecy is the Word of testimony that believers possess which comes from their personal experience with the Word of God.
While truth has been hidden from worldings who prefer to stumble around in the dark, the Spirit of prophecy—the Holy Spirit that correctly interprets the Word of God, brings true believers into all truth, empowering them by the Spirit of God to be a witness concerning how the Word of God has worked through the experiences in their lives and enabled them to overcome.
It is the Spirit of the Word of God that will empower us to overcome and endure to the end.
The Book of Revelation tells us that it is time to reveal that which is hidden.
Therefore, let us open our spiritual eyes and behold the “Hidden Manna” which we are about to receive.