Who Is Jesus?
- to lay hold of
- in a good sense, of Christ by his holy power and influence laying hold
- of the human mind and will, in order to prompt and govern it
- to understand, perceive, learn, comprehend
Many people today are searching for "the light," but they do not realize the simple truth that the Light of the One True God is the Word of God--the Living Word, Jesus Christ and the written Word, the Holy Bible.
In the Book of Psalms 119:105, we are told: "Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path."
- opinion, judgment, view
- opinion, estimate, whether good or bad concerning someone
- in NT always a good opinion concerning one, resulting in praise, honor and glory
- splendor, brightness, magnificence, excellence, preeminence, dignity, grace
- a thing belonging to God--kingly majesty which belongs to him as supreme ruler
- majesty in the sense of the absolute perfection of the deity
- a thing belonging to Christ--the kingly majesty of the Messiah
- the absolutely perfect inward or personal excellency of
- a most glorious condition, most exalted state
(23) He said, I am the voice